- About Us
Elizabeth Watson Brown
Elizabeth Watson Brown joined Architectus as Design Director after 21 years of directing Elizabeth Watson Brown Architects, a practice highly regarded for exemplary place responsive and socially responsible design. Elizabeth's work has been published widely and has received many significant architectural awards.
Elizabeth is an active participant in architectural and urban design discourse in many roles, including currently as a member of the Queensland Board for Urban Places and as Adjunct Professor of Architecture at the University of Queensland. Elizabeth is a Life Fellow of the Australian Institute of Architects and has been Queensland State Awards Director and National Awards Juror, as well as jury chair of the Gold Coast Urban Design Awards.
The work of Elizabeth Watson Brown has been published and exhibited widely including in the seminal ‘Place Makers' exhibition at the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art and at the Venice Biennale.
Elizabeth brings to Architectus long-term expertise and recognition in the delivery of high quality residential, institutional, educational and community architecture, and a deep understanding of the role of architecture and urban design in the relationship between human amenity, landscape and climate in our subtropical and tropical urban realms.
- Clothiers Creek House, Condong Ranges, New South Wales
- The Women’s College, University of Queensland, St Lucia
- Cromwell College at the University of Queensland
- St Lucia House
- House of Orange
- St Sebastian’s School
- Royal Pines Marina Precinct and Housing
- Newcrest Mining Offices
- Binna Burra Forest Village
- Sunland's The Boulevard & Banksia Lakes
- Apartments at Rainbow Beach
- Elysium Noosa Project
- Blue Gums Community Development
- Sherwood House
- Isaac Street House
- Gareema Refuge for Women and Children
- WAVSS Working Against Violence Support Services Centre