- About Us
Canterbury College Junior School
Work with Canterbury College demonstrates the commitment of Architectus to providing quality educational facilities which integrate seamlessly within an existing campus.
A master plan prepared by Architectus to upgrade the existing campus highlighted the need for both the refurbishment of existing buildings as well as the design of new buildings.
The new buildings include twelve classrooms with associated administration, library, multi-purpose spaces, and a new main entrance to the school.
The buildings are sited to maximise their northern aspect whilst responding to the surrounding context.
The new junior school building relates directly to the existing oval by opening the northern facade through the use of glazing and verandah spaces. Courtyards provide outdoor classrooms and the generous verandahs are used for the gathering and teaching of students.
The development of the new junior school building relied on the refurbishment of the existing junior and middle school classroom buildings to reflect the qualities which are integral to the new building design.
The refurbishment of the existing buildings incorporates new verandahs, covered open learning areas and an amphitheatre. These spaces are linked to outdoor learning and courtyard spaces which overlap with the new Junior School buildings.
- Canterbury College
- Waterford, QLD
- Floor area
- 9500 m²
- Original value
- John Grealy
Also in this category
- Arts West, University of Melbourne
- Auckland Grammar School Specialist Block
- Auckland Grammar School Sports Complex - Gymnasium
- Ballarat & Clarendon College Visual Arts Centre
- Balwyn High School Year 9 Explore Centre
- Camberwell Grammar School HR McDonald Building
- Canterbury College Junior School
- Haileybury Brighton Junior School + Girls Middle School
- James Cook University Clinical Practices Building
- Korowa Anglican Girls’ Senior School Redevelopment
- Learning Environments Spatial Lab
- Mandeville Centre, Loreto Toorak
- Mathematics Statistics and Computer Sciences Building
- Netball Court Cover - The University of Auckland
- Pakuranga Children’s Health Camp
- Population Health Complex The University of Auckland
- Saint Kentigern School Jubilee Sports Centre
- St Andrew's College Chapel
- St Cuthbert's College Performing Arts Centre
- St Cuthbert’s College Centennial Centre
- St Michael’s Grammar Allan Pizzey Building
- St Michael’s Grammar School, The Gipson Commons
- St Peter's College Middle School
- St Peter's College Sports Complex
- St Peter's College Technology Building
- St Sebastian's Primary School
- Star of the Sea Performing Arts Centre
- Sustainable Industries Education Centre (SIEC)
- Sydney Nanoscience Hub
- Te Puni Village, Victoria University of Wellington
- Teacher Support Services Centre
- The Tintern Schools Middle Schools, Ringwood
- The University of Auckland Sector 200 Master Plan
- The University of Queensland School of Veterinary Science
- University of Queensland Fitness & Aquatic Centre
- University of the Sunshine Coast Chancellery
- Victoria University of Wellington Campus Hub & Library
- Werrington Park Corporate Centre
- William Macmahon Ball Theatre, Faculty of Arts