- About Us
1 Bligh Street, Sydney
Winner of the DEXUS/City of Sydney design competition Architectus, in association with Ingenhoven Architects (Germany), has created a highly sustainable office tower that has achieved 6 Star Green Star Office Design v2 and Office As-Built v2 Certified Ratings from the Green Building Council of Australia.
Extending the ideas proposed in the Stage 1 DA, the proposal for 1 Bligh Street was developed with three critical considerations: the View, the Public Space, and the Work Environment.
The corner of Bligh and Bent Street strongly marks the main address for the building. The elliptical form aligns with the grid to the north and is oriented to the harbour, maximising views and creating premium office space and a quality work environment.
The Public Space
The reduced building footprint creates a significant new public space for Sydney that allows deep soil landscaping and extends Farrer Place.
Broad curving steps rise to the sheltered wintergarden and provide an ideal place to sit in the sun and appreciate the full expanse of Farrer Place and the heritage buildings of the Education and Lands Department.
The Work Environment
The Work Environment is designed around the principles of ESD, flexibility, efficiency, communication and transparency.
The sustainability strategies were designed to achieve a 6 Star Green Star Certified Rating and 5 Star NABERS Energy Rating. A fully shaded double skin facade provides excellent Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ).
The structure delivers consistent large floor plates of up to 1600m2 and achieves 92 per cent efficiency Nett Lettable Area to Floor Space Area.
Forty per cent of office space is within 4.5 metres of the facade with 1000m2 contiguous column-free space creating high potential for office layout flexibility. The elliptical plan is 12 per cent more efficient than a rectangular building in facade to floor area and allows excellent natural light penetration. The 120 metre high central atrium makes dynamic views accessible to all.
- DEXUS Property Group/DEXUS Wholesale Property Fund/Cbus Property
- Sydney, Australia
- Floor area
- 42 700 m²
- July 2011
- Original value
- Mark Curzon
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat Best Tall Building Asia & Australasia 2012
- Australian Institute of Architects (NSW) Sir Arthur G. Stephenson Award – Commercial Architecture 2012
- Australian Institute of Architects (NSW) Milo Dunphy Award – Sustainable Architecture 2012
- Australian Institute of Architects (NSW) Urban Design – Architecture Award 2012
- DEXUS/City of Sydney design competition winner
- UDIA NSW Awards for Excellence Retail/Commercial Development 2011
- Asia Pacific International Property Awards Highly Commended – Office Architecture + Office Development 2011
- Chicago Athenaeum International Architecture Award 2008
Also in this category
- 1 Bligh Street, Sydney
- 100 Mount Street
- 11-15 Breakfast Creek Road, Brisbane
- 111 George Street, Parramatta Planning Approval
- 111 Wellesley Street
- 151 Clarence Street
- 152 Fanshawe Street
- 2 Australia Avenue Sydney Olympic Park
- 200 George Street, Sydney
- 225 Macquarie Street
- 241 O'Riordan Street
- 32 Drake Street
- 5 Eden Park Drive
- 85 Fort Street
- Albert Street Tower
- Architectus MLC Studio
- Ergon Energy Mackay Corporate Office & Workshop
- Ergon Energy Training & Development Skills Facility
- One Parramatta Square
- Patrick Corporation
- Qantas Headquarters Redevelopment
- Telecom Place
- Wesley House